Superintendent - Concrete/Carpentry (#8988) - Texas
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Superintendent with Commercial Concrete / Carpentry experience.
Concrete Superintendent with at least 5 years of progressive experience in project execution for a large scale self-perform general contractor or concrete contractor, specifically high-rise project experience. We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
Superintendents will work closely with all members of the project team. They will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee, manage, and mentor assistant superintendents.
- Create construction schedules, perform regular updates, monitor logic relationships, and insert new activities and impacts.
- Coordinate job site logistics and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
- Negotiate with authorities having jurisdiction to achieve project occupancy milestones.
- Lead injury-free environment safety program.
- Coordinate subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading in conjunction with self-perform work crews.
- Foster the development of foreman to grow into future superintendents.
Primary interface with owner and design team.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- 5+ years of experience as a commercial construction superintendent, high-rise concrete projects preferred.
- Carpentry experience making forms for concrete pours.
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.