T.I Superintendent (#9547) - Northern California
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Superintendent.
The T.I. Superintendent is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all resources in the field for the successful execution of a project.
The T.I. Superintendent will supervise a project field team of skilled union and nonunion operations professionals who support departmental and organizational goals through their efforts.
- Create construction schedules, perform regular updates, coordinate job site logistics and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
- Lead Injury-Free Environment (IFE) Safety Program.
- Coordinate subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading in conjunction with other Self- Performed Work crews.
- Foster the development of foreman to grow into future superintendents.
- Primary representative for interfacing with Owner and Design Team.
- Manage large complex, multiple projects.
- Coordinate, plan and supervise assistant superintendents, subcontractors, and craftsman.
- Partner with project manager during the construction phase to budget, manage and forecast the following: craft labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables and general conditions.
- Develop site utilization plan and establish crew size.
- Coordinate plans and specifications with design engineers, clarifying discrepancies.
- Maintain liaison with other functions to ensure all required materials, equipment and inspections support the project schedule.
- Participate in pre-construction budgeting, scheduling, and design.
- Select formwork systems and equipment.
- Implement and understand project administration requirements in conjunction with the project manager.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, ability to determine work method alternative.
- Maintain relationships with customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, etc.
Other duties upon request.
- Must have experience with large T.I. projects.
- 15+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Superintendent.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Prolog or similar) and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Effective participation in team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills.
Strong emphasis on fostering a safe working environment for all employees.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.