Superintendent (#9244) - San Francisco Bay Area
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We are currently seeking a Superintendent for a self perform GC in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Superintendent for a self perform GC is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all resources in the field for the successful execution of a project.
The Superintendent will supervise a project field team of skilled union and nonunion operations professionals who support departmental and organizational goals through their efforts.
***Commercial Concrete experience is desired.
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
• Create construction schedules, perform regular updates, coordinate jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
• Lead the company’s Injury-Free Environment (IFE) Safety Program.
• Coordinate subcontractor work scopes, scheduling and resource-loading in conjunction with other Self- Performed Work crews.
• Foster the development of foreman to grow into future superintendents.
• Primary representative for interfacing with Owner and Design Team.
• Manage large complex, multiple projects.
• Coordinate, plan and supervise assistant superintendents, subcontractors and craftsman.
• Partner with project manager during the construction phase to budget, manage and forecast the following: craft labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables and general conditions.
• Develop site utilization plan and establish crew size.
• Coordinate plans and specifications with design engineers, clarifying discrepancies.
• Maintain liaison with other functions to ensure all required materials, equipment and inspections support the project schedule.
• Participate in pre-construction budgeting, scheduling and design.
• Select formwork systems and equipment.
• Implement and understand project administration requirements in conjunction with the project manager.
• Analyze and resolve work problems, ability to determine work method alternative.
• Maintain relationships with customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, etc.
• Other duties upon request.
• 10+ years of experience as a commercial Construction Superintendent.
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Prolog or similar) and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
• Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
• Effective participation in team environment.
• Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
• Strong emphasis on fostering a safe working environment for all employees.
• Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas
• The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. All applicants applying must be authorized to work in the United States.Apply for this position.