Superintendent (#9198) - Southern California
Industry: General Contractors
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
A Superintendent is needed in California.
The Superintendent is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all resources in the field for the successful execution of a project.
The Superintendent will supervise a project field team of skilled union and nonunion operations professionals who support departmental and organizational goals through their efforts.
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
- Create construction schedules, perform regular updates, coordinate jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
- Lead the company's Injury-Free Environment (IFE) Safety Program.
- Coordinate subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading in conjunction with other Self- Performed Work crews.
- Foster the development of foreman to grow into future superintendents.
- Primary representative for interfacing with Owner and Design Team.
- Manage large complex, multiple projects.
- Coordinate, plan and supervise assistant superintendents, subcontractors and craftsman.
- Partner with project manager during the construction phase to budget, manage and forecast the following: craft labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables and general conditions.
- Develop site utilization plan and establish crew size.
- Coordinate plans and specifications with design engineers, clarifying discrepancies.
- Maintain liaison with other functions to ensure all required materials, equipment and inspections support the project schedule.
- Participate in pre-construction budgeting, scheduling and design.
- Select formwork systems and equipment.
- Implement and understand project administration requirements in conjunction with the project manager.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, ability to determine work method alternative.
- Maintain relationships with customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, etc.
- Other duties upon request.
- 10+ years of experience as a commercial Construction Superintendent.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Prolog or similar) and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- Strong emphasis on fostering a safe working environment for all employees.
- The desirable Superintendent candidate will have K-12 and DSA experience.
- DSA-Department of State Architect) certification is desired.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. All applicants applying must be authorized to work in the United States.Apply for this position.