Superintendent (#9189) - Texas
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Seeking a Superintendent for a client in Texas.
Field Superintendent Expectations:
The superintendent is our eyes, ears, and thoughts regarding management in the field. The position requires knowledge of the preconstruction process, contract interpretation, heavy scheduling and planning abilities, coordination of trades, motivation of people, the ability to maintain a safe and clean jobsite, knowledge of construction/plans/codes, maintains quality control, and overall the ability to produce a project on time and within budget. To do these things successfully the position demands teamworking skills and an attitude to work with both the office staff and all the subcontractors.
At times superintendents need to be involved with Pre-Construction for a few reasons…
Developing preliminary schedules, scope development, determining constructability, and selection of subcontractors.
Developing a detailed project schedule utilizing Microsoft Project, scope development and selection of subcontractors. Helping pull permits, setting up construction trailers, assisting with procurement of temporary utilities, and getting jobsite toilets.
Maintaining a detailed schedule in Microsoft Project including producing 3 week look ahead and schedules for owner meetings, I like it when a superintendent conducts the owner meeting (recently tried this and it works great for keeping the meetings in tune and allows me to take better notes – super knows job the best), scheduling inspections with city and third party, coordination of all trades, QUALITY CONTROL, SAFETY, keeping and submitting detailed daily reports, making sure the materials and trades arrive on time, keeping the job clean and orderly, MAINTAIN CLEAR AND DETAILED LINE OF COMMUNICATION WITH OFFICE, maintain a record of submittals, changes, RFI’s, coordinate RFI’s so PM can submit them formally, keeping up with OSHA requirements, holding weekly safety and subcontractor meetings, keep a rolling completion list and coordinate the final punch list, keeping a record set of drawings.
Upon substantial completion of the project the superintendent is responsible for finishing the punch list and getting us off the project. From there the record set of drawings should be cleaned up and finalized so the office can submit them with the closeout documents. Begin looking at plans and preconstruction items for upcoming project.
- Knowledge of construction and ability to interpret plans very well
- Ability to use Microsoft Project and Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Great Attitude and skills to develop long lasting professional relationships
- Applicant will be self-motivated, responsible, and timely
- Self-organizational and management skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills
- Construction Superintendent Experience is Required
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Combination of pertinent education and experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Proven track record – please provide resume with a verifiable detailed breakdown of projects
- Ability to adapt, control, and complete work in a fast-paced environment and handle situations by problem-solving with a strong sense of urgency
Salary: $85,000 - $120,000 based upon experience
Benefits: Insurance, 401K, Auto Allowance, Card for company expenses, Performance reviews, Potential for bonusesApply for this position.