Stamping/ Press Room Manager (#9001) - SC
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Stamping/ Press Room Manager for a Metal Stamping facility located in SC.
The Press Manager is responsible for the daily management and efficient operations of the Press department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Report daily production, update schedules and manpower based on production needs and inventory levels.
• Lead in continuous improvement efforts based on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) data.
• Partner with the other department leaders to insure proper support is maintained for the press room.
• Manage the departmental costs to keep on or below budget.
• Conduct/Manage performance evaluation of hourly employees.
• Oversee safety, quality, cost, delivery and management activities in the stamping zones including daily operations as well as continuous improvement
• Assist production floor, manpower, equipment, quality and production issues.
• Assist with required reporting including business plan, inventories, production, and any other on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
• Coordinate activities with opposite shift production.
• Proactively develop ideas to solve problems of all types, including reducing manpower, cost, and making improvements to the machine, organization, methods, tools, training, etc.
• Effectively utilize and continuously improve the use of labor, equipment, quality, safety, and productivity within cost and delivery parameters.
• Analyze and act on all quality concerns with staff.
• Exercise proactive best supervisory practices in hiring, training, discipline, coaching, development and termination with all staff
• Participate in daily and weekly production and management meetings.
• Visually monitor daily proper parts handling practices and monitor associates work area being free form clutter and recognize and address all safety concerns/violations in their assigned areas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field from an accredited institution required
• Minimum of 5 years production experience as a technical manager in similar automotive industry setting (stamping/welding/robotics) required; preferably in a multicultural environment
• Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in leading production teams required
• Excellent Class A part experience preferred
• Excellent knowledge of class A/B/C parts (press and assembly parts) preferred
• Programming knowledge: Industrial: PLC's, Robots (Robotic arms, welding) preferred
• Lean Manufacturing tools (VSM-VSD, SMED, 5S, KAIZEN, Ergonomics and Security & Lean) preferred
• PFMEA experience preferred
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) advanced level required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Interprets spreadsheets
• Understands financial and operational reporting metrics
• Conducts performance evaluations
• Ability to manage and develop department's budget