Sr. Superintendent (#8525) - Los Angeles
Industry: Construction Management
Industry: General Contractors
The Senior Superintendent provides overall direction on projects, and develops and maintains strong working relationships with the owners and architects throughout the project lifecycle.
Job Description: SR Superintendent
Are you a proven performer who enjoys working as part of a team that is focused on delivering superior results? Are you a creative and innovative collaborator who “thinks outside the box” and thrives on finding new ways to address challenges? If this sounds like you, you may qualify for a rewarding and exciting career at one of the most innovative construction management firms in the industry that has consistently been named one of the “best places to work” in the country!
The Senior Superintendent provides overall direction on projects, and develops and maintains strong working relationships with the owners and architects throughout the project lifecycle. This individual visits the project sites frequently to evaluate project performance, site conditions, compliance with our “build smart” approach and safety and quality standards, compliance with scope, and effective management of trade partners. This individual is also responsible for ensuring that constructability reviews, logistics plans and baseline schedules achieve project turnover requirements.
The Senior Superintendent must also be an exceptional communicator, negotiator and arbitrator, and will serve as the client’s direct point of contact on projects. The Senior Super must be a strong leader, communicator and advocate for team collaboration and innovation, and must have the ability to lead, manage, cultivate and mentor team members to promote their professional growth.
• Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline and experience relative to project size/scope.
• 8 to 12 years of experience related construction fields.
• Each project has specific characteristics regarding size, complexity, sector, etc. which dictate the precise years of experience and industry knowledge necessary for success, above and beyond generic construction knowledge and experience.
• Applicable area licenses.
• High-Rise Experience highly desired/preferred
• Large project experience a must ($100M+)
• LA market and subcontractor relationship experience a must
• Stable tenure with previous work history
• Postion requires travel commute to downtown LA
• Candidate must possess Company’s core values: passion, integrity, hard work and professionalism.
• Excellent team development skills and leadership abilities.
• Strong ability to partner with the Project Manager and staff.
• Committed to excellence.
• Self-motivated and self-confident.
• Must possess effective communication skills.
• Capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work oversight.
• Able to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between Suffolk business needs and organizational issues while maintaining excellent customer relations.
• Must possess business judgment to negotiate the critical balance between budget and construction processes.
• Excellent organizational skills to manage the many details necessary for successful construction.
• Must have judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command.
• Excellent management skills to effectively manage subcontractor performance to high quality.
• A strong sense of urgency and initiative, and the ability to quickly study and react to complex issues, and resolve conflict effectively in a firm but fair manner.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to take action confidently and decisively.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.