Sr. Project Manager / Project Executive (#10050) - Bay Area, CA
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
United Employment Group is seeking a Sr. Project Manager in the California Bay Area.
Provide overall management and assume full responsibility for assigned projects and interface with Client/Owner. Reports to Project Director/Vice President. Construction experience a MUST.
- Works as a team with Project Superintendent.
- Plans overall construction schedule and schedule development.
- Implementation of Project Control Systems.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within company policy.
- Manage and be responsible for financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income /expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with clients.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of field superintendents and site superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate & resolve serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to field and site superintendents.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client/owner and contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
- Participate as requested in the marketing, estimating, bidding and contract negotiations phases of assigned projects.
- Prepares and submit monthly, weekly progress reports and cost reports.
- Represent company/project in meetings with clients, subcontractors, unions, etc. as required.
- Review and approve all purchases and ensure Purchase Order/Buy Out process is followed.
Timely pricing, approval, and execution of Change Order management.
- 4-year Construction Management or Engineering Degree, or equivalent combination of technical training/related experience.
- Extensive (8) years or more experience in managing projects plus a thorough knowledge of contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling systems/computer software, productivity analysis, construction operations, and cash flow procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Timberline and Primavera software.
- A positive, employee-centric and family-oriented culture
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits, including medical, dental and eye care
- 401(K) Plan
- PTO Program