Sr. Project Manager (#9819) - Florida
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Sr. Project Manager with Commercial Concrete experience.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for a broad spectrum of duties, covering all aspects of project management, including project planning, cost management, cost estimating, time/labor management, quality management, contract administration, and safety management. The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of project management are successfully completed on projects with multiple staff members. They manage overall project planning, scheduling, resource allocation, project-specific estimating, submittal/RFI procurement, document control, constructability resolutions, aspects of project accounting, project-specific purchasing and safety, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards.
Our client is looking for a proven performer who enjoys working on collaborative teams, thinking outside the box and exceeding expectations.
- Oversees the construction project from start to finish.
- Develops project schedules and labor plans.
- Ensures optimum utilization of resources, including labor, materials and equipment, and their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
- Develops effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among various stakeholders and participants.
- Manages project estimating including all project changes.
- Oversees Submittal/RFI Procurement.
- Ensures proper document control both in the office and in the field.
- Works with the accounting office to ensure that all aspects of Project accounting functions are complete.
- Ensures that construction activities move according to the pre-determined schedule.
- Devises the project work plans and make revisions as and when the need arises.
- Communicates effectively with the field staff, construction managers, clients, and subcontractors.
- Monitors the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and holds regular status meetings with our field staff.
- Maintains strict adherence to budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Performs weekly inspections of construction sites - reports weekly on project status.
- Identifies and proposes solid solutions to constructability issues.
- Performs multiple duties as necessary to timely and accurately complete project responsibilities (PM/APM/Asst. Est./Asst. BIM/etc.).
Maintains a complete understanding of the current status of the assigned project and organization, contributing to the growth and success of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years in commercial construction - high degree of concrete construction knowledge and analytical skill preferred.
- Proven knowledge and ability in project planning and cost estimating.
- Dedication to and ability to effectively drive project safety.
- Strong ability to read and understand project plans and specifications.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, time management, and organizational skills.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Proficiency with software including Microsoft Office, Digital Takeoff programs, Bluebeam, Onscreen Takeoff, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project and Timberline desired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced professional, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel to various job sites.