Sr. Estimator (#8757) - TN
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Sr. Estimator for a Metal Stamping facility located in TN.
Review and approve customer quotes completed by estimators as required. Completion of customer request for quotes accurately and on time. Identify any GD&T of feasibility concerns and present to estimating manager for approval. Unfold customer supplied CAD data, produce a blank layout and identify the process. Data is to be entered into quote model along with estimated tool and gauge cost. Send tooling RFQ’s to vendors as applicable and follow up as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Must have a manufacturing stamping background
• Read, analyze, interpret, and understand engineering documents and blueprints in order to complete an accurate quotation.
• Accurate completion of quotations, as required in a logical time sensitive manner.
• Review and approve any Customer quotes, as required
• Review and approve blank size and process for customer quotes, as required
• Work with outside Tool shops to gather quotes for cost, timing and feasibility based on process quoted.
• Work with suppliers for outside processing costs
• Review all print info for manufacturing feasibility and mark drawing accordingly.
• Responsible for all CAD activity as it relates to the quote
• Creation of part prints as applicable, including GD&T and datums
• Participation in and support the Lean Manufacturing Process
• Mechanical Engineering (Degree, Technologist or Technician) or Tool and Die
• Solidworks, Unigraphics NX, or other 3D cad software
• Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
• 5 years Metal stamping, Welding and manufacturing experience.
• Blueprint reading including GD&T
• Proficient with Solidworks, Unigraphics NX or other 3D cad software.
• Understanding of metal stamping dies and part processing.
• Unigraphics NX
• Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).