Sr. Cost Estimator (#8904) - IL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Sr. Cost Estimator for a Metal Stamping facility located in IL.
The Sr. Cost Estimator is a leader who directs estimating to meet company objectives for quoting and estimating by performing the following functions personally or through subordinates.
• Develop complete tooling, stamping and assembly cost estimates for existing and new customer projects based on the specifications, drawings and CAD data provided.
• Assist customers in defining design for manufacturability problems, make recommendations and provide solutions.
• Gather all necessary information from the customer to provide a complete and accurate scope of work description at new product introduction (NPI) meetings.
• Provide technical and other engineering assistance in a timely fashion to various departments as needed.
• Maintain current knowledge in the field of process engineering by active participation in related professional societies and regularly reviewing current technical literature.
• Present and negotiate quotes with customers and sales team to help secure new business awards.
• Assist in the development of new strategic sources for outside processes and technical manufacturing support.
• Receive and convert customer CAD files.
• Solicit component and raw material cost from suppliers.
• Work with internal sources, external suppliers and global company resource centers to accurately estimate tooling costs.
• Coordinate internal cross functional review sessions to determine proper manufacturing process and equipment to support manufacturing of the product.
• Analyze blueprints, electronic data, and technical specifications and identify points that will influence cost.
• Ability to interface with customers during technical discussions to ensure the successful bidding of new business.
• Support sales team with the collection of information to answer customer needs and requirements.
• Maintain records in paper and electronic format in alignment with company procedures.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or other related study strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in manufacturing estimating.
• Prior experience estimating stamped components and/or fabricated parts preferably used in the automotive industry.
• Proficiency with Solid Works, ability to read and interpret blueprints and CAD a must.
• Ability to communicate with management, team members and vendors
• Must practice exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills both written and oral
• Familiarity with external specifications (materials, finishes, hardware)