Sr. Automation Engineer (#10392) - Florida
Industry: Design and Construction
Coordinates/supports automation engineers through specific project assignments.
- Coordinates/supports automation engineers through specific project assignments.
- Develop and audit engineering design standards and processes.
- Audit product quality through project gate review process.
- Engage continuous improvement coordination efforts across departments.
- Generate project estimates in accordance with engineering standards.
- PLC programming using Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000
- HMI development using FactoryTalk View, Wonderware, Ignition
- Modify existing PLC and HMI programs for upgrade and changes
- Use of virtual machines (VMware)
- Design and support systems using Allen Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix, PanelView hardware
- Variable frequency drive configuration
- Coordinate development of control/signal control panel drawings
- Designing and troubleshooting control/signal wiring circuits
- Coordinate electrical control/signal wire requirements
- Perform device and component selections
- Perform direct customer coordination and onsite discovery visits to develop project specific scope of work.
- Perform troubleshooting, technical support, and customer training.
- Review and approve design deliverables and execution plans prior to project commissioning.
- Perform onsite commissioning when required.
- Establish and track project milestones for self-performed and supervised projects
- Travel Required: 20%
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 7 - 10 years of PLC/HMI programming experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with PLC programming using Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with industrial control systems
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities and deadlines on multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively supervise and lead automation engineers in product design, development, and project execution.
- Ability to effectively advise customers on automation solutions to meet the customer's objectives.
- Experience in industrial refrigeration.
- AutoCAD experience is a plus