Site Supervisor (#9895) - Dallas, TX
Industry: Design and Construction
The basic function of the Site Supervisor is to supervise all installation subcontractors. Must be knowledgeable of ammonia refrigeration systems and their installation.
- The basic function of the Site Supervisor is to supervise all installation subcontractors. The Site Supervisor is responsible for the daily achievement of the company installation schedules and the reporting of results to the President. The Site Supervisor maintains installation business goals for production and fulfillment of customer orders.
- To Assure Quality Control, Safety, and Scheduling.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for directing sub-contractors on-site.
- The Site Supervisor reports directly to and is fully accountable to VP of Engineering.
The Site Supervisor also works directly with the Project Manager of each Job.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be knowledgeable of Ammonia refrigeration systems and their installation.
- An out-going person who is comfortable meeting people in unfamiliar situations or locations.
An individual who can inspire trust and put others at ease.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred: BA Construction Management or similar
- Required: Valid Driver’s License
Preferred: EPA Universal License
- Required: Previous experience in managing the installation of refrigeration systems with GC or Contractor.
Preferred: Five or more years of experience as a Supervisor Installation and service industry.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate a project with multiple sub-contractors
- Demonstrated ability to manage and successfully operate a Refrigeration installation and service operation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an installation schedule
- Ability to bring projects in on time and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to assure that all procedures relating to installation and materials requisition, work orders service fulfillment are met.
- Ensures safety procedures are followed
- Maintains policies and procedures to ensure Quality Control
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of refrigeration systems and their components.
- Advanced ability to manage the installation inventories; order, maintain, and allocate installation materials.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with the customer and perform customer satisfaction requirements.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that deadlines are met and material is managed properly to insure margins are consistent with the goals and objectives set forth by the President.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- BODY POSITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and/or walk, climb ladders for prolonged periods of time. He/she will also be required to talk and/or listen for prolonged periods of time, both on the telephone and/or face to face.
- BODY MOVEMENTS: The employee must have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, and equipment; and the ability to bend, reach, stretch, crouch, crawl, kneel, and/or climb ladders.
- BODY SENSES: Must have command of all five senses, sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from plans to jobsite and depth perception.
STRENGTH: Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds with regularity and up to 100 pounds on occasion.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be higher in the outdoors and at jobsites
- This position will be working primarily in an office environment, but also at jobsites, both indoors and outdoors, but also requires the employee to be in the Company office for various meetings. From this movement, the employee will encounter varying temperatures. The normal auto travel hazards will apply. Travel will be in all types of weather including heavy rain and below freezing temperatures with snow conditions.
The employee may be exposed to work near moving parts and/or machinery at jobsites.
The Site Supervisor is authorized to take any reasonable action necessary to carry out the responsibilities assigned so long as such action does not deviate from established corporate policy and is consistent with sound business judgment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Site Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to read blueprints/ specs
- Possess good customer relations/public relations skills.
- Ability to put together construction schedule
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, contractors, and vendors
- Schedule and coordinate all construction activity and material
- Must have thorough working knowledge of refrigeration systems.
- Must comply with all OSHA standards to maintain safety.
- Ability to keep accurate time and jobsite records
- Must be able to resolve construction issues with sub-contractors and customers.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Perform safety training and instructional meetings.
- Meets or betters established deadlines and schedules.
- Perform and maintain clean and safe jobsite.
- Ability to plan and schedule material so not to delay construction
- Possess knowledge in inspecting work to meet specs, code and quality.
- Ensure Company tools and equipment are properly cared for.
- Proper installation of valve tags and pipe labels.
- Display proper representation of Company (code of ethics/conduct/dress).
- Perform only authorized work per plans, specs and authorized Change Orders.
- Maintain job information in a neat and orderly manner.
Other duties/responsibilities that may be assigned by the President and VP of Engineering from time to time.
The Site Supervisor shall be deemed to be performing in an acceptable manner when he following have been accomplished:
- Meets or betters established deadlines and schedules, and CONSTANTLY STRIVING FOR TOTAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- Assigned projects are being operated in an ethical and prudent manner.
- Supports the Company with accurate and timely information and reports.
- All federal, state, and local safety laws and ordinances are being observed on assigned projects and any required documents or forms are processed and filed as required.
- Successfully manage the responsibilities involved in assigned including but not limited to delivery of materials, and adherence to schedule, plans and specifications.
- All sub-contractors have been given instructions in a clear manner and are understood.
- Relations with Subs, Vendors, and Customers is good.
- A perception that the Company is functioning as a team and morale is high.
Customer satisfaction is equal to or higher than historical levels.