Shift Supervisor (#8146) - South
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for everything that happens in production during their shift. Accountable for their shift’s performance including safety, quality, cost and delivery to distribution. Responsible for the training, motivation, coaching and discipline of all employees on their shift. Exercises sound judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Drives continuous improvement in production as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Supervise Shift Leads and employees during their shift to ensure all work is safely achieved in accordance with policies and practices.
- Communicates with the Plant Manager and other Shift Supervisors to clearly understand the production plan and priorities.
- Leads and supports Continuous Improvement efforts within the production area.
- Works with Safety to address all safety related matters on their shift, including thorough incident investigations as necessary.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting.
- Improve and maintain the housekeeping.
- Conducts timely, accurate and adequate communication with Manager, other Supervisors.
- High School Education and at least 3+ year’s supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility. College degree preferred
- Strong leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to operate independently and in small multi-discipline teams
- Must demonstrate participative problem solving, project implementation and continuous improvement
- Advanced organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel
- Bilingual is preferred