Ammonia Refrigeration Service Technician (#9740) - Pittsburgh, PA
Industry: Design and Construction
Work with a variety of refrigeration systems to perform predictive/preventive maintenance, evaluate, troubleshoot, perform and/or recommend repairs.
The overall purpose of this position is to work with a variety of refrigeration systems to perform predictive/preventive maintenance, evaluate, troubleshoot, perform and/or recommend repairs to equipment and/or refrigeration systems as needed, evacuation & start-up of new and existing system(s) to meet customer commitments and expectations.
Perform predictive/preventive maintenance tasks on rotary screw compressors, reciprocating compressors, pumps, motors, fans, condensers, evaporators, chillers,
hand valves, control valves, valves gangs, etc… as required within the allotted time frame.
- Effectively evaluate operating conditions of refrigeration systems & equipment to maximize peak operating performance & make proper adjustments if required.
- Pump down/evacuation of refrigeration system(s) & equipment for construction/service projects.
- Capable of starting & operating a variety of new & existing refrigeration systems.
- Diagnostics and repair of electrical & electronic control systems & components.
- Communicate with customers effectively upon arrival and at completion of work so they know & understand what tasks are being performed & completed on their equipment.
- Complete all required paperwork & submit to Bassett Mechanical office daily; obtain customer signatures on service reports and attain approval for any extra/additional work.
- Complete all project requirements & installation per project sales representative’s direction.
- Call in daily to dispatch to update status of work for the day and week.
- Contact dispatch at scheduled time for weekly scheduling of workload.
- Handle "on call" needs as scheduled.
Always support & maintain a SAFE & LEAN work environment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
- Skilled licensed trades journeyman or equivalent certification (RETA), or
- 5+ years operating and/or maintenance of Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration Systems (NH3).
- Possess or be willing to acquire OSHA Hazwoper certification (training provided by the company).
- Evaluate & troubleshoot electrical diagrams & P&ID drawings.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of PLC’s.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
Physically able to climb ladders, scaffolds, access rooftops, enter restricted areas
(air handlers, ducts, and confined spaces) for first-hand observation and inspection.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to work weekends or overtime when required.