Senior Project Manager (#9525)
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Cradle-to-grave Senior Project Manager needed to represent a prominent PCI Certified Producer
The Sr. PM controls, manages, and coordinates: project intelligence and risk, contracts, schedule, submittals, collections, while overseeing cost and quality of projects. Plans and coordinates all aspects of the precast construction process, including monitoring the project through all internal departments, negotiating contracts, hiring subcontractors, coordinating with architect/engineer, and managing the Customer.
Understanding and review of bid documents, construction drawings, specifications and scope available at award to identify high risk and out of the ordinary requirements. Review all project intelligence with respective departments, and identify, report and manage all potential risks proactively. Assemble project team and coordinate internal and external project planning meetings early in the design process to identify opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce cost.
Create, update, and manage project schedule with specific milestones required for Company success; meet with internal and external customers to collaborate on milestone schedule. Be engaged in the schedule from project sale through project closeout ensuring customer satisfaction and company profitability. Hold all parties accountable as required to maintain schedule.
Responsible for reporting project status to Director of Project Management on a weekly basis. Acquire accurate project intelligence through all means available to provide project team with accurate timely information. Report exposure to lost profits, efficiency, and legal risk
Contract and Change Order Administration:
Manage project contracts from receipt through execution. Negotiate contracts with customers, while identifying contractual risks and reporting to the Director of Project Management. Ensure that the Company maintains compliance with contract terms throughout project. Negotiate subcontracts with vendors/subcontractors. Responsible for generating, negotiating and administering change orders (both claims and disputes) to customer. Assist with maintaining change order log.
Billing and Collections:
Assist Contract Administrator with monthly billing. Review and establish Project schedule of values, ensure projects are being billed accurately and timely, and collections are in good standing (including retention).
Serve as the prime company representative with the responsibility to maintain customer relations, carefully managing the Customer relationship to ensure they receive the quality of product and service as well as ensure the Customer has a positive experience. Responsible for documenting and managing external communication on projects.
Manage punch list and field finishing to achieve final Customer acceptance. Submit required project close out documents and Collect final retention within terms of Contract. Prepare and facilitate project post-planning meetings to review wins, lessons learned and opportunities to improve process.
Education and Experience:
• Graduate of an accredited institution with a degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent experience.
• Minimum five years of experience in project management of precast concrete structures or equivalent building type. Experience in the commercial construction industry preferred.
• Must demonstrate ability to represent the company well with industry and professional peers.
• Ability to read/interpret construction documents and shop drawings.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize activities and meet established deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
• Excellent computer skills required, proficient with Microsoft Office. Experience with AutoCAD reader and Bluebeam preferred.
• Ability to drive to & from & be mobile in either the plant or jobsite environment.
• Must be able to occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 lbs.
• The ability to work in outside conditions as required that can include inclement weather, heat and humidity, & exposure to dust