Senior Project Engineer (#9621) - Indiana
Industry: Design and Construction
Technical knowledge of Refrigeration/ Mechanical / HVAC system components.
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Travel Required: Some Travel Required
Departement: Project Engineering
Position Type: Full-Time
- Meet with existing customers to stay on top of requirements that could lead to future work.
- Discover and meet new prospective customers to develop relationships that could lead to future business.
- Connect with vendors and suppliers as necessary to keep abreast of industry developments and innovation in equipment and process.
- Meet with Customers to understand and document infrastructure and critical process needs and associated budgetary constraints.
- Develop the preliminary solution design to satisfy customer requirements.
- Develop high-level budgets associated with design options.
- Incorporate Customer needs/feedback into Detailed Solution Design.
- Develop detailed cost estimates including equipment, material, labor, and sub-contractors.
- Using appropriate estimating tools, complete hard quotes, including alternate value-added options if appropriate.
- Meet / Present solutions.
- Where needed incorporate value engineering practices to modify scope and costs to meet customer needs.
- Make presentations to customer management as necessary to secure the work.
- Ask for opportunity to do the job.
- Develop project task plans, being aware of prerequisite tasks, and include resources and lead times to accomplish Customer Targeted Completion Dates.
- Project job costs and assess profits for the projects assigned vs company target profitability.
- Develop resource plan and issue contracts and purchase orders to vendor/suppliers and subs.
- Communicate requirements to Superintendent of Labor to give lead time to plan and source the job efficiently.
- Ensure workforce completes work within OSHA requirements and Customer Site Specific requirements in order to maintain the safety of our teammates, customers and community residents.
- Coordinate schedule with WMI Superintendent or sub-contractors.
- Manage service cost and profitability for the contracts in progress and miscellaneous costs.
- Properly account for own time expenses and ensure they are properly assigned to the projects.
- Process any invoices in a timely manner and communicate JIP updates to accounting monthly.
- If appropriate, maintain documentation for change orders required, especially in Plan/Spec work.
Contribute to the bottom line profits of the company by “doing what’s right” for the customers, vendors, and employees in every aspect.