Senior Project Engineer (#9549) - Bay Area, CA
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Senior Project Engineer in the Bay Area.
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for ensuring administrative, contractual, financial and technical aspects of the assigned project(s) being executed. Senior Project Engineer will be reporting to the Project Manager and/or Superintendent.
The Senior Project Engineer will supervise a team of skilled Project Engineer professionals who support departmental and organizational goals through their efforts.
- Assists Project Manager and Superintendent in the management of construction projects, which involves cost control, expediting, quantity take-off, scheduling, and safety.
- Develop peer constructability review of design documents.
- Develop, input and update project schedule as directed.
- Assist with the coordination, development, and accuracy of the project estimate, budget, revisions, cost coding, and prepare cash flow charts.
- Analyze changes to contract documents, i.e. Owner Change Order Requests (CORs), Subcontractor Change Orders (SCOs).
- Review revised cost reports with Project Manager and assist in establishing final costs. Attend and participate in monthly job reviews.
- Work with Project Manager to perform a thorough and objective bid analysis using all applicable components.
- Prepare subcontractor Schedule of Values and monthly owner billings with Project Manager and Project Superintendent.
Other duties upon request.
- 4+ years of experience as a Project Engineer in the commercial construction industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management of Engineering or related field.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Viewpoint or similar) and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Apply a complete and proficient understanding of construction management, engineering, safety, scheduling, estimating, budgets, costing and procurement.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership, detail-oriented, problem-solving, initiative, and teamwork.
Proven ability to fulfill project development to project closeout responsibilities.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas.
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.