Senior Estimator - Structural Concrete (#9809) - Carolinas
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We're searching for a Senior Estimator with experience in structural concrete.
The Senior Estimator will assist the Estimating staff and Pre-Construction Lead with all aspects of estimating, including quantity take-off, pricing, and bidding of commercial and industrial construction projects. This is an exciting, challenging role for which there is a career path.
- Set-up an estimate to include correct alternates, general conditions, inputting correct vendor and subcontractor pricing, correct labor production and wage rates in alignment with bid strategy.
- Generate conceptual estimate from limited or minimal information to include correct alternates, general conditions, inputting correct vendor and subcontractor pricing, correct labor production and wage rates in alignment with bid strategy.
- Conduct a take-off by owning all items from take-off software through identifying and quantifying all necessary concrete scope items.
- Responsible for generating an accurate, detailed, and organized customer proposal to include correct scope, terms & conditions and accurate bid pricing breakdown.
- Responsible for providing correct project information to the appropriate parties during the turnover and planning phases.
- Validates that accurate and detailed information was provided to the operations team to plan for execution.
- Is responsible for making sure that estimators and project coordinators understand their task assignments and are using the processes and tools properly.
Validates that estimators and PC’s are creating a correct estimate.
- Structural concrete estimating experience is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in estimating for a large scale Self-Perform GC or Concrete Contractor.
- Self-perform experience of concrete is required.
- Seeking someone with a variety of project types with emphasis on Commercial/Industrial.
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required with experience on projects over 1 million dollars.
- Knowledge of negotiated bids, and hard bids.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering required.