Senior Estimator (#9391) - Bay Area, CA
Industry: Construction Management
Industry: General Contractors
We're searching for a Senior Estimator.
The Senior Estimator will be responsible for preparing complete, accurate estimates for all contract types. (lump sum, time and material, etc.)
- Prepare detailed accurate material, labor, equipment, subcontracts, construction facilities, etc. estimates
- Foster relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Attend on-site pre-bid / proposal conferences and site visits.
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and accept, review, and analyze subcontractor quotes for best value.
- Prepare project bid status reports and ensure compliance with all specifications and contract Statements of Work and Bid Invitations.
- Present cost estimates to meet customer proposals, providing consideration for general and special conditions.
- Prepare scope specifications and requirements, prepare and input project schedules, perform quantity takeoffs, prepare cost summary sheets, and input quantities into estimating software.
- Maintain an accurate, current database of cost codes of accounts for historical data.
- Utilize the appropriate company and industry historical data for pricing estimates.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Construction, Building Science, or other equivalent construction program.
- 7 - 10 years related estimating experience.
- Advanced project estimator skills that include: performing engineering calculations and being conversant in engineering nomenclature to effectively communicate with Application Engineers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Engineering, and vendors.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgment.
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software (ISQFT)