Senior Estimator (#8616) - Northern Minnesota
Industry: Construction Management
Industry: General Contractors
Provide Estimating leadership based on principles that support a collaborative and integrated project delivery environment
This position will report to the Vice President of Minnesota Operations. The successful candidate will provide estimating leadership based on principles that support a collaborative and integrated project delivery environment along with traditional estimating processes. Tasks will include planning, organizing, and leading the estimating effort and Target Value Design process on multiple commercial and industrial projects. This position will be responsible for coordinating and oversight of internal project estimating processes.
1. Support all estimating and target value design functions for projects including establishing reporting formats, assignment of areas of estimating responsibility, compiling consolidated estimates, preparation and oversight of project estimates.
2. Promote the collaborative effort required for the success of the target value design process with our Owner, Designer, Engineering and Construction Partners. All team members must establish a close working relationship, regardless of company affiliation, in order for the process to be successful.
3. Participate in the presentation of project estimates and budgets to project Owners and other stakeholders.
4. Ensure proper evaluation and documentation of project scope.
5. Assist in the preparation of studies for proposed materials and method solutions, generate recommendations and cost estimates as required.
6. Provide technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates for all projects.
7. Assist project management and procurement personnel during bid solicitation and evaluation.
8. Perform additional assignments per the Director of Estimating direction.
9. A strong understanding of spreadsheets, Timberline database, and on screen take-off techniques is required.
Educational and experience requirements include: Four year degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience; Eight to ten years of construction experience with five to eight years estimating; Thorough knowledge of estimating processes, material and building system costs, and labor productivity evaluation techniques.
Strong ability to conceptualize project construction requirements and the ability to coordinate group work effort is essential. Experience in commercial and industrial projects is preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, regularly travels (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation), and occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Apply for this position.