Senior Estimator (#8610) - North Carolina
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Commercial Concrete Contractor seeks senior level Estimator
Key Responsibilities for a Senior Estimator:
• Set-up an estimate to include correct alternates, general conditions, inputting correct vendor and subcontractor pricing, correct labor production and wage rates in alignment with bid strategy.
• Generate conceptual estimate from limited or minimal information to include correct alternates, general conditions, inputting correct vendor and subcontractor pricing, correct labor production and wage rates in alignment with bid strategy.
• Conduct a take off by owning all items from take-off software through identifying and quantifying all necessary concrete scope items.
• Responsible for generating an accurate, detailed, and organized customer proposal to include correct scope, terms & conditions and accurate bid pricing breakdown.
• Responsible for providing correct project information to the appropriate parties during the turnover and planning phases.
• Validates that accurate and detailed information was provided to the operations team to plan for execution.
• Is responsible for making sure that estimators and project coordinators understand their task assignments and are using the processes and tools properly.
• Validates that estimators and PC’s are creating a correct estimate.
• Structural concrete estimating experience is required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Good organizational and communication skills.
• 5+ years of progressive experience in estimating for a large scale Self-Perform GC or Concrete Contractor.
• Self-perform experience of concrete is required.
• Seeking someone with a variety of project types with emphasis on Commercial/Industrial.
• General knowledge of construction principles/practices required with experience on projects over 1 million dollars.
• Knowledge of negotiated bids, and hard bids.
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering required.
Outstanding work environment, compensation, vehicle allowance, 401K, vacation, full medical and dental benefits.Apply for this position.