Senior Cost Engineer (#8680) - California Northern/Southern
Industry: Construction Management
Industry: General Contractors
Responsible for the cost control including tracking of project costs and contingency, forecast and risk updates, and support of project on all cost related matters.
Senior Cost Engineer
The Senior Cost Engineer is responsible for:
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
• Responsible for the cost control including tracking of project costs and contingency, forecast and risk updates, and support of project on all cost related matters.
• Monitors all cost components, analyzes budget variances, develops forecasts and reports on cost.
• Develops owner’s cost estimates and reviews cost estimates from contractors for new work as well as change orders.
• Maintain cost program data bases and metrics and do cost forecasting based on the schedule.
• Performs regular reviews of all risks and opportunities with the project team and manages the updates to the tracking system.
• Coordinate project reporting to clients.
• Prepare and analyze project/program cash flow reports.
• Perform forecasting analysis based on trends; progress/productivity measurement, risk analysis and change management.
• Other duties upon request.
• 10+ years Cost Engineering experience.
• 5+ years’ experience working in a Lead Cost Engineering.
• BS degree in Construction Mgmt., Finance/Accounting or Engineering required (or a related discipline).
• Must have working knowledge of Cost Management and Earned Value analysis and be able to perform forecasting analysis based on trends; progress/productivity measurement, risk analysis and change management.
• Involved and knowledgeable regarding all major EPC contract terms; regularly monitors and analyzes all financial contract terms.
• Systems: Knowledge of Primavera Unifier or other Document and Cost Management systems, UIPlanner, Cognos and ERP/EPM is a plus. Willingness to learn/master new systems is a must.
• Comfortable leading/driving complex issues/processes to completion among multiple parties with differing viewpoints.
• Experience in determining and evaluating progress in accordance with a Schedule of Values.
• Must possess experience in task identification, resource management, project tracking, financial tracking and forecasting.
• Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas.
• The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.