Senior Concrete Estimator (#9102) - Georgia
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
Senior Concrete Estimator Needed for Commercial Concrete Contractor
Our client is seeking a bright, energetic and organized person with at least 10+ years of experience to work in our Georgia based company. This person will work on commercial projects within our core markets including vertical projects. Estimators must be able to handle a high volume of work in a timely and efficient manner with a keen attention to detail. This individual must have strong people skills and will work closely with our internal & extrnal personnel to provide timely, accurate estimates for all types of concrete work.
Other responsibilities will encompass but not be limited to:
• Meet with Preconstruction and Project teams to get complete understanding of scopes of work to be priced
• Develop detail and accurate take-offs of the work from the contract plans
• Comprehend all project specifications, scope limits, and project constraints and be able to incorporate this into the pricing
• Define sub-scopes of work to be subcontracted and develop relationships with subcontractors to solicit complete responsive pricing from the subcontractors to incorporate into our pricing.
• Develop complete and accurate estimates including all pricing.
• Develop proposal documents for the estimate
• Track and update vendor information
• Develop strategies for increasing productivity
• Track estimating results and success rates
• Able to read and understand contract plans and specification
• Understanding of concrete scope of work including structural and site work.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good verbal and written skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work as a team-player and independently
• Requires regular attendance
• Computer competency in MS Word, Excel, Timberline and/or Quick Bid
• 4 years college education, not required but beneficial
• Minimum 10 years of experience in concrete construction
• Fast paced
• Minimum direction and supervision at times
• Collaborative team
•Outstanding salary range, vehicle allowance, 401K + matching, outstanding health benefits, bonus and PTO