Senior Buyer (#9243) - Michigan
We are currently seeking a Senior Buyer.
This person would be responsible for controlling, managing and tracking activities and performance of critical commodities and suppliers.
- Procurement of inventory materials and MRO supplies
- Lead commercial negotiations in major Capital Expenditures (i.e. equipment purchases, machine repair, etc.)
- Develop strategic sourcing strategies for the procurement of hydraulic oils and chemicals
- Procurement of outside materials processing requirements (heat treatment, steel prep, sorting, etc.)
- Evaluate and participate in the vendor qualification process
- Continually work to improve and monitor quality, delivery, and costs from existing suppliers
- Interface with suppliers and plants to resolve any quality issues
- Negotiate competitive rates with suppliers and vendors to reduce cost of goods and services
- Expedite orders to ensure on-time deliveries
- Review and resolve invoice discrepancies and accounts payable as necessary
- Develop commodity/negotiation strategies utilizing market data and trends
- 3-5 years negotiation/buying experience
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Commodities experience
- Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft office, QAD, Plex
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong oral and written skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to understand and maintain in stock inventory conditions
- MRO Buyer/Purchasing: 5 years
- Bachelor's Degree
Salary Range: $55,000 to $65,000Apply for this position.