Sales & Technical Specialist - Concrete Equipment (#9904) - Virginia
Industry: Concrete Construction Suppliers
A global leader in the concrete/heavy equipment industry is seeking a sales & technical specialist.
The Sales & Technical Support Specialist assists the sales and marketing teams in the technical sales support and marketing of all concrete technology equipment in the United States.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists with technical sales support for field sales personnel on a project-by-project basis for equipment in the USA.
- Assists in planning and implementation of sales and marketing activities, policies, programs and strategies in order to meet company targets for retention growth and profitability, and to contribute to the overall marketing efforts of the company.
- Assists in the planning and execution of trade shows.
- Collects technical and marketing information and prepares for distribution and/or presentation for all products.
- Establishes, manages, coordinates and conducts sales and marketing requirements for products.
- Prepares internal and external reports.
- Write original B2B content based on technical information, customizing it for different target audiences.
- Review and rewrite communications to improve their impact.
- Copy-edit to ensure that only flawlessly written material is published.
- Receive marketing and sales materials from Europe and prepare for the US market by re-writing copy, recalculating technical data, etc.
- Prepares product literature, marketing materials and pricing structure for product lines.
- Research and write technical information that suits technical and non-technical audiences.
- Assists with technical sales presentations to customers, including technical features, argumentation, and competitive comparison.
- Prepares and maintains sales documentation such as “Sales Handbook”, “Product Information”, “Market News”, and “Job Reports”, including the formatting, document organization, content preparation and distribution thereof.
- Assists with preparing sales and marketing brochures for external use, such as “Sales Brochures”, “Technical Specifications”.
- Analyzes market statistics and creates internal management reports.
- Creates and maintains up to date databases of captured market data.
- Uses market intelligence to assist in the creation and implementation of a growth plan to increase market share.
- Supports the development of sales-focused company strategies and business cases.
- Collects and maintains competitive pricing data and product information on all major competitors.
- Prepare and maintains promotion actions for sales, spares parts and service actions.
- Technical Bachelor’s degree + 2 years of experience with concrete or heavy equipment; or equivalent.
- Technical knowledge and the understanding of the mechanical functions of concrete equipment.
- Ability to understand and work with CAD drawings.
- Knowledge on BOM (bill of materials) lists for making equipment specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Fluent in the English language is required. German language skills a plus.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
Team Spirit: Promotes communication and cooperation for the greater good of the company and the customer.
Customer Focus: Meets the needs of internal and external customers.
Integrity: Demonstrates honesty, fairness, and trustworthiness. Follows through on commitments and admits to mistakes.
**Competitive salary & generous relocation package available!Apply for this position.