Sales Engineer - Refrigeration (#10388) - Texas
Industry: Design and Construction
Establish and maintain ongoing design/build refrigeration activity with new and existing customers as assigned.
- Establish and maintain ongoing design/build refrigeration activity with new and existing customers as assigned. Design and implement the installation of refrigeration systems. Act as refrigeration department engineering resource and assist with energy analysis as required.
- Directly communicate with customers in the form of quotations, meetings and presentations to understand and define their needs. Understand and respond to customer requests, both verbal and written.
- Assist drafters in developing construction drawings and system P & ID’s.
- Assist estimators in developing cost estimates for engineering, fabrication and construction of projects.
- Coordinate with staff to provide cost estimates, drawings, energy projections, construction schedules, etc. Facilitate letters of quotation and/or formal proposals for presentation to the customer.
- Provide technical/engineering support for customer implementation of new or existing PSM (Process Safety Management) programs as they relate to ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Develop engineering skill sets required for the application of refrigeration system designs, including: heat gain and loss calculations; application of appropriate systems (recirculation, flooded, DX, etc.); pipe sizing; control valve sizing; equipment selection; insulation systems; ASME code requirements; vessel sizing and applications; product loads and calculations.
- Act as a technical expert for the company both for internal and external customers with regard to refrigeration and related systems.
- Provide all documentation of engineering and cost estimates for turnover to project management staff for implementation of all projects sold. Documentation to include drawings, P & ID’s, engineering calculations, equipment selections, installation piping details, bid summary and contract documents.
- Provide project manager function on small projects which cannot be effectively turned over to the P.M. staff.
- Support and maintain a Lean work environment.
Summary of Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent
- Professional Engineer certification (or progress towards PE or EIT)
- Working knowledge of fluid flow, heat transfer, dynamics of large multi-stage systems, etc.
- Ability to understand, analyze and troubleshoot mechanical and refrigeration systems
- Knowledge of both Freon and ammonia systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate
- Physical ability to access job sites, including some climbing