Sales Engineer (#7919) - OR
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Sales Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility located in OR.
This position is responsible for developing new business and maintaining existing business for the company’s facility in the Northwest US. There will also be occasions where this position will support other locations with Sales and/or Technical support.
• Develops and maintains new and existing business.
• Helps to create and execute a marketing plan specific to this facility.
• Reports on weekly schedule, which includes customer visits and RFQ activity.
• Works to reach\exceed annual forecasted goals
• Communicates regularly with customer service, engineering and all other internal departments.
• Drives to sales calls that are within 300 miles of home.
• Represents the company at trade shows.
• Frequent travel to support sales effort in North America.
• Works within required guidelines, including but not limited to: ITAR, EAR, and the company’s quality system certifications (ISO9001, TS16949, AS9100).
• Coordinates sales effort for this facility and develops sales strategies.
• Meets regularly with the General Manager to discuss opportunities and strategies.
• Understands quoting process and manufacturing capabilities of the facility.
• Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing/sales or technical discipline; or industry equivalency through a combination of training and applicable work experience.
ESSENTIAL TRAINING/SPECIAL SKILLS:
• Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook/email.
• Understanding of company ERP system.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
• Ability to write and proofread reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to travel domestically regularly and internationally on occasion.
• Understanding of quality system standards (ISO/TS/AS).
• Understanding of ITAR/EAR.
• 10+ years of applicable work experience.
• Knowledge of metal fabrication and/or mechanical components sales.
• Knowledge of the metal fabrication and aerospace markets is beneficial.