Safety Manager (#9248) - Georgia
Industry: Commercial Concrete & Tilt-Up
We are currently seeking a Safety Manager.
The Safety Manager is responsible for promoting and ensuring site safety and has a comprehensive knowledge for the day-to-day safety field operations for their assigned project(s) including planning, coordinating, and enforcing safety regulations and codes while serving as the company’s point of contact for owners, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and Company team for all safety related matters.
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
- Manage new hire safety orientation program and provide ongoing job specific safety
- Perform daily site safety inspections and the inspection of safety equipment; removal of any defective equipment and manage the fall protection equipment inspection
- Establish a schedule for the preparation, submittal, review and acceptance of Job Hazard Analysis.
- Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive accepted Job Hazard Analysis
- Ensure subcontractor compliance regarding safety and health
- Compile, analyzes, and interprets statistical data related to near-miss, incidents, injuries and
- Participate in fact finding Root Cause Analysis for injury/incident investigations and obtain accident and injury reports from
- Record and manage all site safety documentation and provide detailed weekly written
- Participate in safety pre-construction meetings and pre-work
- Facilitate mass safety meetings and required weekly safety
- Compile materials for safety meetings, prepare agendas, and record meeting
- Manage and coordinate substance abuse testing and set up medical clinics for new
- Facilitate Companies “return to work program” with employees, medical professionals and project
- Serve as liaison for worker’s compensation reporting, case management, and recordkeeping and participate in Company claims management
- Extensive working knowledge of OSHA regulations, NFPA standards or other applicable
- Demonstrated construction safety experience with solid industrial hygiene field skill set.
- Advanced Safety/Industrial Hygiene Certifications (CSP, ASP, CIH, OHST, and CHST) preferred.
- Experience in dealing with regulatory agencies, safety and health professionals and legal
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Industrial Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, or related field
- Minimum of five years full-time safety experience, preferably in construction industry. Federal construction project experience
- Current HAZWOPER 40 - hour training
- Asbestos and Lead training
- Current OSHA 30-hour construction safety training
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, extending hands and arms, kneeling, as well as crouching in work areas under construction
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be necessary to lift and carry or manipulate tools
- Ability to perform various tasks for construction projects and operate machinery
Employee may be exposed to various noise levels ranging from low to high; moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock.Apply for this position.