Safety Inspector (#9438) - NJ
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a safety inspector.
1. Responsible for maintenance of a strong, effective safety culture.
2. Evaluate hazardous conditions and practices, and develop hazard control practices and programs.
3. Guide and assist plant personnel with critical safety and health issues.
4. Schedule and conduct OSHA Training Plans and New-Hire Safety Orientation.
5. Reviews company accident statistics and makes recommendations for safety policy and practice improvements. Advise on provisions to minimize safety risks.
6. Assist in Accident Investigation Procedures.
7. Keeps apprised of developments in federal and state safety laws and environmental codes.
8. Assists management in understanding OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance, inspections and citations.
9. Acts as company representative in dealing with government agencies on safety and environmental matters.
10. Coordinates investigation of injuries and incidents in conjunction with line and staff personnel. Notifies management of pertinent details.
11. Collaborate with Managers, Supervisors shop Floor associates to monitor and identify safety issues, intervene if necessary to prevent unsafe activities or operations.
12. Report to Safety Manager with clear path for advancement for the right candidate.
• Proven experience of 2-5 years as safety coordinator/inspector
• In-depth knowledge of OSHA rules and practices
• Excellent communication and advisory skills
• Experience in employee relations in coaching/mentoring on the manufacturing floor
• Diligent with analytical capability, development and implantation of corrective actions thereby reduce TIR to lowest possible level.
• BS/BA in Safety Engineering or related field
• Proficient in MS Office and job related software technologies.
• Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasion skills and the ability to interact effectively with all level of employees, management and outside agencies.
Apply for this position.