Robotics Technician (#9500) - Texas
We're searching for a Robotics Technician for a Forging facility.
Primary responsibility is to provide daily operational support of the automated production lines by ensuring the equipment is functioning as designed. Also responsible for troubleshooting problems and making program changes as needed. This position is also responsible for preventive and repair maintenance of all assigned automated equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support daily production operations of all automated cells.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment as needed.
- Make equipment and program modifications as needed and as requested by operations.
- Perform preventative maintenance activiites on automated equipment.
- Support operations by being active and involved in daily problem solving as well as developing projects as a result of the problem-solving.
- Dotted line responsibility to line supervisor.
Work on other projects as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in automated manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability working with Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge of computerized manufacturing practices/principles and technology required.
- Good computer skills required, with experience using AutoCAD and/or Solid Works, in addition to various programmable logic controller platforms.
- Microsoft Office skills required (especially with Excel spreadsheets).
- Business writing skills required.
- Critical thinking skills required.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and have good time-management skills.
- Analytic abilities required.
- Must be organized, flexible/adaptable, safety conscious, and detail-oriented.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work overtime required.
Experience in heavy lifting industry preferred.
- High School Diploma required with Trade/Vocational education preferred.