Robotics Engineer (#9111) - SC
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Robotics Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility in SC.
The candidate will apply their knowledge in robotics in an automotive environment for stampings and assemblies for matters of major troubleshooting assistance, programming, cycle time reductions and zone structures to prevent crashes. The Robotic Engineer will also assist in training maintenance technicians.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement process improvements and cycle time reductions through optimization of robot paths and programs;
- Assist maintenance technicians during major fault issues and help determine repetitive down time causes;
- Help develop corrective and preventive maintenance procedures as well as train maintenance technicians in the use of them;
- Collection, monitoring and implementation of corrective actions for down time issues caused by robots;
- Be part of engineering change teams and implementation;
- Be current in latest technology and trends concerning robotic applications;
- Implement best practices and products for robot dress packs;
- Adhere to Quality, Safety, and Environmental Policies;
- Understand and follow all required GPS standards;
- Participates in the creation and support of systems, documentation and actions to assure conformance to Quality Systems (TS) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO);
- Participation in the Layered Process Audit schedule;
- Participation in the Internal ISO/TS 16949 Audit schedule (applies only to certified ISO/TS 16949 internal auditors);
- Participation and cooperation in answering questions and providing information for internal and external audits regarding or related to ISO/TS 16949, VDA 6.3, and customer standards;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive ABB robotics experience
- ABB “Press Master” experience would be a huge plus but there will be very few that have it.
- Fanuc robotics experience
- Some PLC experience
- Stamping experience
- Tandem transfer line experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High skill set of PC and communication skills;
- Strong proficiency in robot programming (ABB & Fanuc preferred);
- Proficiency in PLC’s (A-B Control Logix & Panelview HMI’s) a plus;
- Pilz safety PLC knowledge a plus.