Regional Sales Manager (#7413) - Mid-Atlantic Region
Industry: Precast & Prestressed Concrete
Regional Sales Manager to obtain architectural precast business within assigned territories and to assist in other areas where required.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND/OR EDUCATION:
Education: B.S. Degree in Sales, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Business, or related field required.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years sales experience in the precast/prestressed concrete field or related industry
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Valid driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record required.
The Regional Sales Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, and is selected by him/her with the approval of the President.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop new business through contacts with architects, architectural engineers, and general contractors. Develop and maintain a good rapport with each in an effort to obtain future business. Provide customer service by follow-up of all sales leads, which includes, but is not limited to:
a) Calling on architects, engineers, owners/developers, and general contractors within territory on a regular basis.
b) Promptly following up all leads given and reporting results in monthly
one-on-one meetings with Vice President, Sales & Marketing.
c) Keep customer product materials up to date.
d) Keep current on all pending jobs within territory by following news releases, Chamber of Commerce development groups, real estate sales offices, social media, etc.
2. Meet or exceed sales goals with specific attention to gross margin.
3. Inform Vice President of Sales & Marketing in writing of all verbal quotes. Submit required estimating input sheet along with prints and a full set of specifications for each job to be estimated. Bid jobs and follow process to completion, to include:
a) Obtain a mutually agreed scope of work for each project.
b) Get proper contract signed within prescribed time limits.
c) Acquire the necessary set(s) of contract drawings, specifications, etc.
d) Obtain a completed credit application when required.
e) Submit sample requests and/or samples and obtain approvals.
f) Assist in collecting past due accounts and retainages if required.
g) Attend job conferences as required.
h) Get required delivery dates from general contractor and keep production apprised of any changes via delivery commitment form.
4. Administers various group sales contracts by including scope, language and legal aspects, including distribution, collation, rider preparation, and signature, and coordinating with the Contracts Manager. Responsible for negotiating and resolving conflicts with buyers in conjunction with Project Management.
5. Records and submits win/loss results in CRM.
5. Submits bid data in a timely manner (estimating input sheet/drawings/specifications).
6. Assists Engineering and Drafting by expediting shop drawings as required.
7. Prepares scope of work proposals in conjunction with Estimating.
8. Secures signed contracts in a timely manner.
9. Prepare detailed cost estimates and budget pricing estimates in support of the Estimating department on an as needed basis.
10. Provides resources to architects, engineers, contractors, C.M.’s and developers.
11. Conducts promotional activities as per annual Strategic Marketing Plan.
12. Submits sample requests from clients.
13. Attends sales meetings and seminars as required.
14. Responds to all inquiries in a timely manner.
15. Maintains business expenses within yearly budget and submits reports on a timely basis.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assists with scheduling/conducting plant tours.
2. Represents the company at meetings and seminars as required.
3. Submit new product ideas, marketing suggestions and information relative to competition.
4. Perform other job duties and assignments as required within scope of job responsibilities.Apply for this position.