Regional Human Resources Generalist (#10105) - Denver, CO
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
United Employment Group is seeking a Regional Human Resources Generalist in Denver, CO.
The Regional Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with subsidiary HR management in supporting the Colorado and Wyoming locations. This position is responsible for supporting and demonstrating the core values of Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and Financial Success. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits communication, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, Success Factors HRIS, payroll and employment law compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Establishes credibility by building and maintaining collaborative relationships within the region that are consistent with Company values.
• Provides counsel to peers or others in the absence of the Director of HR.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding human resources issues or any Company information that is considered sensitive in nature.
• Ensures excellent customer service to regions’ employees and other internal customers.
• Responsible for implementing subsidiary HR objectives at the location/regional level.
• Ensures compliance with Company Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
• Oversees all aspects of the recruitment function at the Regional level.
• Trains and supports HR/PR reps at the location level and acts as their main point of contact.
• Counsels with management on behavior and performance issues.
• Counsels with employees to mediate disputes and address complaints in a timely manner.
• Under the guidance of the Director of HR, investigates complaints and coordinates management response and solution.
• Leads/promotes employee recognition/engagement programs
• Ensures terminations are reviewed with management and are properly documented.
Recruitment and Onboarding
• Actively recruits for open positions. Continually recruits for labor/plant/yard positions for all locations in the region.
• Screens and interviews potential candidates and makes recommendations.
• Writes/updates/maintains and requests job descriptions from the hiring manager.
• Maintains and stores recruitment documentation .i.e.. interview notes and results per Company policy and legal compliance.
• Sources vendors for recruitment (job listings, headhunters, temp agencies, job fairs)
• Coordinates and may conduct, from time to time, pre-hire activities, Onboarding, new hire orientation, benefits overview, payroll and timekeeping backup.
• Coordinates with corporate to ensure job descriptions are up-to-date and housed centrally.
• Ensures pay changes (i.e. promotions, position changes, demotions, etc.) are consistent with Company guidelines and practices.
• Coordinate/monitor/present ongoing Company/regulatory required training (i.e. Anti-harassment, Supervisor training)
• Acts as a temporary backup payroll processor for a location in the region.
• Audits payroll, new hires, LOAs and Employee Central data on a monthly/quarterly basis.
• Prepares periodic human resources reports for management.
• Prepares internal communication memos for employees and/or Human Resources Representatives.
• Coordinates Company Employee Events. Coordinates Open Enrollment, Annual Benefit Meetings and Health Screenings for the region’s locations. With support, may coordinate Company events...i.e. Christmas Party, Company picnic, retirement parties, Adopt-a-Family events and Wellness initiatives.
• Monitors completion of the annual performance review process.
• Keeps up-to-date on changing state and federal laws and works to ensure compliance.
• Ensures state and federally required posters and notices and communications are maintained.
• Audits and reviews payroll to ensure wage and hour compliance in the region.
• Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
• Regular attendance is required.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or
• Three (3) years related Human Resources experience and/or training; and
• PHR certification ( Professional in Human Resources) preferred, APHR acceptable.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and state and federal regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals/documentation
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees/managers
• Bilingual in Spanish is highly desirable.
• Must be able to operate a personal computer and other various standard office equipment.
• Must have a general working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
• Experience using an HRIS system..i.e. Success Factors, SAP highly desirable.
Travel: 40% travel
This is a regular, full-time position with competitive compensation and full benefits including medical/dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing retirement plan, and wellness programsApply for this position.