Refrigeration Technician (#9052) - Castroville, CA
Industry: Transportation and Distribution
Industry: Warehousing and Logistics
The main responsibility of the Refrigeration Technician is to economically and safely operate the refrigeration system in accordance with all federal, state and local regulations.
Position Title: Refrigeration Technician $30-$35/Hr
Reports to: Facility Service Manager
SUMMARY: This is a full-time non-exempt position with benefits.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The main responsibility of the Refrigeration Technician is to economically and safely operate the refrigeration system in accordance with all federal, state and local regulations.
• Perform required and preventative maintenance of refrigeration equipment, including but not limited to:
FES Compressors, Evaporators, Evaporator Fans, Condensers.
• Maintain all Ammonia Lines.
• Maintain all Receiver Vessels.
• Assure compliance with the Risk Management Plan (RMP).
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports associated with assigned job position.
• Operate and maintain energy management system.
• Perform controls necessary to manage property utility consumption.
• Prepare utility consumption reports.
• Maintain usage checklists on all operational equipment.
• Represent company as emergency response coordinator.
• Assist the Facility Service Manager with all actions required by the company risk management program and process safety manual.
• Coordinate with outside agencies on risk management.
• Available and willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
• Must be able to work with Maintenance team to achieve common goals.
• All other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent, RETA CIRO Certified and a commitment to continued education through RETA meetings
• Must have 2 years of experience running and maintaining a refrigeration system.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Ability to reach and to lift to 75 pounds. Exposed to cold environment.
• Must be able to work at heights exceeding 20’.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to cold environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.