Refrigeration Services Superintendent (#8162) - Southeast US
Industry: Design and Construction
Industry: Warehousing and Logistics
Supervise the installation of industrial mechanical/refrigeration systems.
Position - Refrigeration Services Superintendent
Location - Birmingham, AL or general region
Supervise the installation of industrial mechanical/refrigeration systems. Work with project managers, subcontractors, and vendors to ensure assigned projects meet scope objectives, remain on schedule and within allocated budget. Regularly supervises work of employees and subcontractors; inspects and verifies work in progress. Insures project completion and customer satisfaction. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Handle the day to day operations on the job site.
• Ensure that all employees are working productively.
• Turn in time for all employees weekly.
• Turn in expenses for all employees weekly.
• Handle daily communication with customer.
• Ensure that all employees are working safely.
• Ensure that the proper amount of equipment and materials are on the job.
• Hold and document weekly safety meetings.
• Turn in first notice of injury quickly after every accident, drug test required if medical attention is necessary.
• Responsible for quality of work.
• Responsible for pressure testing of system.
• Interpreting drawings accurately and ensuring that all equipment is installed properly.
• Delivering quality as-built drawings when job is complete.
• Monitoring roof protection.
• Helping electrician identify valves and equipment.
• Coordinate work with other disciplines on the job to ensure that all work is handled as efficiently as possible.
• Assist project managers as necessary and work within the budget provided and maintain daily log.
• Monitor tools to safe guard against theft.
• Enforce jobsite discipline.
• Recruit and hire local workers.
• Help train sub ordinates.
• Posses limited pump down capabilities.
• Coordinate rigging.
• Maintains clean and orderly jobsite at all times.
BS Degree or equivalent experience (Refrigeration/HVAC Service, Engineering, Construction, Dispatching)
Minimum 5 years applicable service experience
MS Office proficiency
Understanding of 24/7 service business
Good problem solving and interpersonal skills
Ability to multi-task
Understanding of urgency and ability to react
Apply for this position. Apply for this position.