Refrigeration Service Technician (#6736) - Wisconsin
Industry: Design and Construction
Work with a variety of refrigeration systems to perform predictive/preventive maintenance, evaluate, troubleshoot, perform and/or recommend repairs.
Position Title: Refrigeration Service Technician
Reports To: Service Manager
The overall purpose of this position is to work with a variety of refrigeration systems to perform predictive/preventive maintenance, evaluate, troubleshoot, perform and/or recommend repairs to equipment and/or refrigeration systems as needed, evacuation & start-up of new and existing system(s) to meet customer commitments and expectations.
• Perform predictive/preventive maintenance tasks on rotary screw compressors, reciprocating compressors, pumps, motors, fans, condensers, evaporators, chillers, hand valves, control valves, valves gangs, etc… as required within allotted time frame.
• Effectively evaluate operating conditions of refrigeration systems & equipment to maximize peak operating performance & make proper adjustments if required.
• Pump down/evacuation of refrigeration system(s) & equipment for construction/service projects.
• Capable of starting & operating a variety of new & existing refrigeration systems.
• Diagnostics and repair of electrical & electronic control systems & components.
• Communicate with customers effectively upon arrival and at completion of work so they know & understand what tasks are being performed & completed on their equipment.
• Complete all required paperwork & submit to Bassett Mechanical office daily; obtain customer signatures on service reports and attain approval for any extra/additional work.
• Complete all project requirements & installation per project sales representative’s direction.
• Call in daily to dispatch to update status of work for the day and week.
• Contact dispatch at scheduled time for weekly scheduling of workload.
• Handle "on call" needs as scheduled.
• Always support & maintain a SAFE & LEAN work environment.
Summary of Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Skilled licensed trades journeyman or equivalent certification (RETA), or
5+ years operating and/or maintenance of Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration Systems (NH3)
• Possess or be willing to acquire OSHA Hazwoper certification (training provided by the company).
• Evaluate & troubleshoot electrical diagrams & P&ID drawings.
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of PLC’s.
• Proven written and verbal communication skills.
• Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
• Physically able to climb ladders, scaffolds, access rooftops, enter restricted areas (air handlers, ducts and confined spaces) for first hand observation and inspection.
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
• Ability to work weekends or overtime when required