Refrigeration Mechanic (#9309) - NJ
Industry: Design and Construction
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Industry: Transportation and Distribution
Industry: Warehousing and Logistics
We are currently seeking a Refrigeration Mechanic.
- Refrigeration responsibilities.
- Maintain, adhere to, and promote safety and food safety culture.
- Uphold a spirit of continuous improvement.
This position is responsible for Journeyman level Refrigeration, maintenance, and repair while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Logging time and materials into computerized maintenance management system on a daily basis in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Daily communication of all pertinent information regarding system operation and maintenance to departmental management and maintenance teams.
- Housekeeping and cleanup of refrigeration machine rooms, refrigeration maintenance areas, and all project areas on a daily basis.
- Required to interpret and understand plans and specifications, schematics, operating and maintenance manuals, etc. for systems being overseen.
- Assist management in developing standard operating procedures, daily work schedules, and duty cycles for all repairs and maintenance for refrigeration and HVAC systems.
- Assist in managing outside mechanical and refrigeration contractors conducting service, repair and new contract work.
- Assist the building and material handling equipment maintenance teams.
- Duties will include assisting in general building repairs, electrical troubleshooting and repairs, and other general maintenance activities.
- Be willing and able to tolerate temperatures of 35 degrees or below for entire shift.
- Be able to lift 40-60 pounds to shoulder height repeatedly.
- Be able to walk and stand on cement floor for the shift duration.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Must have basic math skills and computer knowledge.
- Ability to read and comperhend product specifications sheets, assess equipment and demonstrate basic merchanical knowledge, work well without direct supervision and demonstrate leadership ability.
- Willing to obtain OSHA Level A Hazmat Certification (24 Hours, Medical Certification) and Incident Command Training (8 Hours) within 90 days of employment.
- Willing to obtain RETA (CIRO) Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator Certification within 1 year of hire to attain Refrigeration Technician level III classification.
- Ability to assess equipment and demonstrate merchanical knowledge. Working knowledge of USDA regulations, plant sanitation standards and procedures.
- 4 years experience in Refrigeration/Electrical/HVAC Preferred.
- Refrigeration/Electrical Trade School Certification or Equivalent.
- RETA -Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator (CARO) Certification Preferred.
- Associate two year Degree in HVACR preferred, Ammonia Refrigeration & CFC Certification.
- OSHA, Good Manufacturing Processes, PSM, and RMP.