Refrigeration Design Engineer (#8373) - Florida
Industry: Design and Construction
Min: 5 years Refrigeration Engineering Experience is REQUIRED
- Conceptual design for budgeting purposes
- Detail design to produce construction drawings; Check quality of design.
- Documentation; Design Schedule / Projection
- Load Calculations; Load Profiles
- Relief Valve Calculations
- Peer Review of system design
- Financial Accountability / Profitability
- Customer Service; Problem Resolution
- Communication internal and external to MEAS-JAX
- Inter-Divisional relations
- Attend engineering and coordination reviews
- Attend superintendent drawing review
- Manage 3 or more projects simultaneously
- Act as Design Project Manager on Refrigeration Only projects
Conduct engineering surveys; Conduct job site inspections
- Bachelor of Science (Mechanical or Chemical Engineering) is required.
- Minimum of 5 years prior refrigeration engineering experience is required.
- Communication Skills; Problem-Solving Capability.
- Read, analysis and interpret construction drawings and P&ID’s.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Presentation skills to co-workers, customers and the general public.
- Apply common sense and deductive thinking.
Demonstrate technical understanding of refrigeration.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Encouraged to continue education in engineering subjects.
Strongly encouraged to take EIT and PE license exams.
- Average 10 - 15% travel.
- Comply with MEAS, Client and OSHA safety requirements while traveling to job sites.
May occasionally require extended travel of up to two weeks.
- Normal office activities.
- Climb stairs, ladders, and scaffolding
- Stand, walk, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Lift 25 pounds.
- Demonstrate good visual abilities including close, distance, color, peripheral and depth perception.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities.
- Normal office environments
- Moving mechanical parts
- Material handling equipment
- High and precarious places
- Fumes and airborne particles
- Toxic and caustic chemicals
- Electrical equipment requiring caution
- Outside weather conditions
Job site construction noise levels
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage Designers and CAD Technicians
Commitment: As a salaried employee you may be required to work above the normal 40-hour week to meet corporate and project requirements and deadlines.