Quality Manager / Chief Metallurgist (#8313) - Midwest
Accountable for Quality, Metallurgy and H.S.E
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all matters related to ISO-9001, PED 97/23/EC, NCA 3800, 10CFR50 and AS9100 accreditation as Management Representative
- Responsible for driving/facilitating the reduction in Cost of Poor Quality (scrap, rework, field failures).
- Core driver of the 8-Discipline step problem solving methodology for process and system problems.
- Principle facilitator of APQP process (Process flow diagrams, FMEA, Control Plans, Gage R&R, CPK).
- Work with sales and purchasing departments to develop meaningful performance measurements for our suppliers and vendors.
- Manage Metallurgical group with responsibility for metallurgical/technical matters for all products from input qualification and selection through forging, heat treat, testing and certifications.
- Responsible for assisting and advising sales in preparing quotes, developing manufacturing processes, MIP’s and ITT’s and process control during manufacturing.
- Provide assistance to manufacturing on process problems.
- Manage Health, Safety and Environmental issues along with H.S.E. Coordinator.
- Be a team member on problem solving and investigate customer complaints as directed and resolve issues to the satisfaction of a metallurgical nature.
- Knowledge of ASM, ASME and ASTM specifications.
- Knowledge of specifications and metallurgical processes.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to interact positively with customers, staff and all levels of management.
- Must have very good oral/written communications skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure of meeting schedules and deadlines.
- Must be able to independently solve problems.
- Must be able to work with Project Management Tools (Gantt charts, Action Plans, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy or Materials Science preferred (Engineering degree with metallurgical experience is acceptable, as well).
- Certified Quality Manager, Certified Quality Engineer, or Quality Auditor preferred.
- Seven years or more experience in Manufacturing, QA, and Metallurgy required, preferably in the metals industry.
- Familiar with the Quality Standards and has experience in obtaining and maintaining ISO 9001 and AS9100 accreditation
- Previous supervisory experience required.