Quality Manager (#10144) - Detroit Area
United Employment Group is seeking a Quality Manager in the Detroit Area.
- Experience in the field of metal manufacturing and materials required.
- Maintain the equipment, facilities, and the staff with which to perform quality assurance functions. Included are laboratory and testing control, equipment calibration, operation training and evaluation, methods of quality assurance, records retention and information integrity.
- Experience with and strong knowledge of APQP, PPAP, Control Plans, FMEA’s
- Must be able to apply root cause problem-solving techniques using 5-Why, 8-D’s and like approaches
- Knowledge of Quality systems processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Supplier Quality Program
- Comprehensive knowledge of TS16949 and experienced with audits
- Understanding of quality tools and techniques
- Use of precision gages, computer and statistical methods
- Review engineering changes, product releases and recommend gages and equipment needed to ensure parts meet tolerances and specifications
- Experience with CMM operation
- Collects, analyzes, reports and monitors quality performance in areas of rejects, scrap, rework, vendor performance
- Establish tracking indicators, monitor and oversees the supplier based programs that include both raw material and tooling vendors.
- Forging & Machining experience required