Quality Manager (#9602) - Remote with Travel
Industry: Concrete Block, and Pavers
We're searching for a Quality Manager.
To provide quality control and assurance of products to meet specifications and quality requirements by performing the following duties.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Quality Manager will have daily responsibility to provide quality control and assurance of products to meet specification and quality requirements; this is a leadership level role and will engage as a peer to all Operations Managers.
The Quality Manager will be remotely Based, work from home with the requirement to travel to our 4 manufacturing locations in the United States as well as our corporate innovation center in Montreal, Canada. TRAVEL REQUIRED: 70+%
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes QA and Production Conformance Standards.
- Establishes, introduces, coaches and supports adoption and adherence to QA Standards and Processes across all manufacturing sites.
- Establishes systems, maintains and reports product conformance to engineering, reviews customer specifications.
- Defines processes to ensure thorough inspection of raw materials: works in progress and finished goods inventories.
- Audits and Reviews production process for conformance to quality standards.
- Reports and tracks any significant deviations from quality standards and recommends corrective action to appropriate management.
- Establishes and conducts regular training for employees on quality issues, and develops programs to encourage each employee to perform quality control as part of operations.
- Participates in new product development to ensure proper quality assurance and control plans can be implemented prior to beginning production.
- Visits suppliers to review quality concerns and ensures quality standards at all vendors.
- Determines validity of customer complaints via customer contact, blueprint interpretation and/or inspection of returned goods.
- Reviews quality surveys received from current or potential customers.
- Acts as liaison for all matters relating to quality of produced goods to all other organizations within and across the company.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Develops and maintains an effective organization through the selection, training, compensation, motivation, termination, and review of all assigned employees.
- Develops and maintains a program for sound employee relations with assigned employees.
- Provides guidance and direction to employees to assist them in their professional development.
- Supervises Quality Inspectors to ensure performance of all internal and external quality checks.