Quality Manager (#9195) - AR
An aluminum extrusion facility is looking for a quality manager.
The Quality Manager will manage & mentor the Quality Department. Review and monitor quality system requirements to assure procedures are adequate and in compliance. Analyze internal and external quality data and initiate effective corrective actions to reduce and eliminate adverse trends. Provide quality technical support to all process owners. Key indicators of success will be the effective improvement and implementation of an overall quality system that is centered on an engaged workforce, working relentlessly to improve all aspect of manufacturing performance.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Monitor performance of Quality Management Systems including Procedures, Manual, Work Instructions and related quality documentations to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide metallurgical engineering support to manufacturing with keen understanding and implementation of continuous improvement concepts and methods.
- Oversee floor inspectors and laboratory workers engaged in testing activities and direct product testing activities throughout production cycles.
- Create and implement inspection and testing criteria or procedures. Analyze test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
- Direct the NCM procedure, tracking of defects, test results, or other regularly reported quality control and assurance data.
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required pertaining to Aluminum extrusion industry.
- Notify appropriate personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Assist to produce world class Aluminum Extrusions for Aerospace, Military, Navy and various Industries.
- Analyze test data and make computations as necessary to determine test results.
- Initiate improvement activities and maintain effective and productive communication with your manager, direct reports and other plant personal.
- Other responsibilities as defined and directed by the Vice President of Technical Services
Education and Experience:
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgy, Quality Management, Materials Engineering or related discipline.
- Create a team environment with all fellow managers and their staffs.
- Represent the organization as the ISO/AS9100 Quality representative.
- Monitor, assure compliance of all processes to maintain NADCAP (Heat Treat & Ultrasonic Testing), ISO/AS9100 certifications.
- Manage all aspects of NADCAP & ISO/AS Regulatory compliance.
- Drive continuous improvement activities. Implement and monitor Statistical Process Controls as and when required.
- Familiarization with ISO/ AS9100, NADCAP and special processes.
- Familiarization with ASTM, AA, DIN, ANSI, QQ and other aluminum extrusion industry related standards is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience in quality control / assurance in metal fabrication preferably in Aluminum Industry.
- AS9100 C
- NADCAP (Heat Treatment, Ultrasonic Testing)