Quality Manager (#8611) - Detroit, MI
Quality Manager position in a TS16949 Forging environment
The qualified candidate must have a minimum of 7 years experience as a Quality Manager in an automotive environment.
• Manage the plant gauge and layout system to ensure an effective MSA system
• Liaisons with Engineering on new launches
• Experience in the field of metal manufacturing and materials required.
• Experience with and strong knowledge of APQP, PPAP, Control Plans, FMEA’s…
• Must be able to apply root cause problem solving techniques using 5-Why, 8-D’s and like approaches
• Knowledge of Quality systems processes and procedures
• Maintain the equipment, facilities, and the staff with which to perform quality assurance functions. Included are laboratory and testing control, equipment calibration, operation training and evaluation, methods of quality assurance, records retention and information integrity.
• Knowledge of Supplier Quality Program
• Comprehensive knowledge of TS16949 and experienced with audits
• Understanding of quality tools and techniques
• Use of precision gauges, computer and statistical methods
• Review engineering changes, product releases and recommend gauges and equipment needed to ensure parts meet tolerances and specifications
• Experience with CMM operation
• Collects, analyzes, reports and monitors quality performance in areas of rejects, scrap, rework, vendor performance
• Establish tracking indicators, monitor and oversees the supplier based programs that includes both raw material and tooling vendors
Qualified candidates must possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment. This job requires an associate degree or equivalent technical training.