Quality Manager (#8539) - AL
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Quality Manager for a Metal Stamping facility located in AL.
The Quality Manager is responsible for directing and providing leadership for all quality operations including planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting functions. Position develops and oversees an effective management system to continuously identify opportunities for improvement while performing daily activities.
• Track, monitor and implement required corrective/ improvement activities related to internal and external issues.
• Interface with customers and suppliers.
• Oversee proper and timely quality related participation in advanced product and process planning activities (i.e.; Planning, Control Plans, Capability Studies, PPAP, etc.)
• Represent the company during customer visits and surveys, and during meetings and presentations at the customer's location.
• Maintain a current knowledge of quality assurance and control techniques.
• Ensure accountability and discipline within the department.
• Comply with required safety procedures in the performance of daily activities and hold all direct reports accountable for enforcement.
• Ensure product and process compliance to customer requirements.
• Provide direction and leadership to other departments.
• Provide active leadership role in meeting I exceeding customer expectations in all related areas.
• Utilize teamwork.
• Create an environment conducive to the maintenance of high quality standards.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
• Previous/equivalent experience as a quality manager.
• Knowledge of quality tools, practices, systems and corresponding integration .
• Excellent procedure development and writing skills.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
• Experience in applying lean manufacturing concepts.
• Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
• Familiar with GD&T.
• Familiar with PPAP, APQP , and other customer specific requirements.