Quality Engineer - Automotive Forging (#8436) - Arkansas
Quality Engineer position in a TS/Automotive Forging environment.
• Participate in continuous improvement of products, processes, inspection methods, product flow, etc
• Receive and respond to internal and external quality concerns and/or complaints.
• Root Cause analysis and Corrective /Preventive Action
• Investigate and implement system controls and/or poke yokes to prevent failure modes
• Direct involvement in APQP process (advance quality planning)
• Develop and maintain PFD, PFMEA, CP, SPC, etc for assigned product platforms and other tools used for continuous improvement
• Develop inspection plans, including safe launch, prototypes, development, and production
• Verify measurement reliability and repeatability
• Develop and maintain PPAP documentation for assigned product platforms
• Collaborate with production in reduction of scrap
• Perform internal product and/or process audits per internal audit schedule.
• Participate in ISO/TS16949 recertification and/or surveillance audits, as required.
• Assist production in disposition of suspect or nonconforming product.
• Assist in development of quality system documentation (i.e. work instructions, mode of operation, etc.)
• Travel as required – may include international extended travel – generally less than 10%.
• Assist in training of fellow team members as required.
• Participate in customer visits, site assessments, prepare presentations, etc.