Quality Engineer (#11109) - MI
An aluminum extrusion plant is looking for experienced quality engineer.
• Evaluate and develop improved techniques for control of quality and reliability.
• Work with Extrusion Manager on extrusion process repeatability.
• In conjunction with Purchasing and Operations, support setting quality requirements for incoming raw material and 3rd party value add suppliers (I.e., fabrication and finishing)
• Cultivate and expand positive employee morale.
• Primary point of contact for internal and external quality concerns
• Advanced Product Quality Planning to ensure robust processes to protect our customers for product failures relative to customer needs and requirements (finish, tolerance, etc.)
• Implementation of short term containment as needed
• Determination of root cause and applicable corrective action to significant issues
• Verification of the effectiveness of the corrective action.
• Develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of personnel.
• Design and implement systems necessary to collect, to maintain and analyze data with the support of the Quality Manager.
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business or related field preferred.
• Current or prior aluminum extrusion experience would be helpful.
• Minimum of 7 years' experience in a manufacturing facility that offered the opportunity to gain a well rounded background in quality.
• Strong knowledge of relevant quality systems - i.e., ISO 9001:2015, CQi9
• Production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture, fabrication and distribution of products.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office and the use of statistical software.
• Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
• Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
• Strong analytical ability.
• Leadership and interpersonal skills are required.
• Troubleshooting ability is required.
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated good internal customer service skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple project
• Proficient computer skills.