Quality Engineer (#9916) - California
United Employment Group is seeking a Quality Engineer in California.
- Develops and supports the implementation and maintenance of Statistical Techniques, such as SPC, DOE, FMEA, PPAP, and MSA in the manufacturing/production environment.
- Develops and supports the implementation and maintenance of Quality System Planning tools to improve manufacturing processes, prevent nonconforming products, and reduce waste.
- Reviews, communicates, and implements requirements from customer specifications, which affect the product quality.
- Performs statistical analysis of available data to identify trends, interactions, and key process control parameters.
- Supports the implementation of the Quality Planning Modules in the company MRP system, including PPAP, Control Plans, Check sheets, and FMEA.
- Assists in the resolution of nonconforming product issues, and interfaces with other departments, customers, and suppliers to eliminate recurrence.
- Analyzes scrap, rework, and customer complaint data to identify trends and works collaboratively to develop and implement improvement methods to reduce occurrences.
- Assists with customer surveys and audits as required.
- Researches new technology for improved performance and accuracy of measurement and manufacturing processes and advises management on capital expenditure needs.
- Participates in internal audits, Kaizen events, Lean improvements, Six Sigma, and 5S projects when required.
- Performs cause and corrective action investigation and resolution in response to internal and external audits, customer complaints, or internal nonconformance’s.
- Carries out other activities as deemed necessary by the Quality Assurance Manager or VP of Quality and Metallurgy.