Quality Engineer (#9273) - Texas
A Forging Facility in Texas is looking for a Quality Engineer.
This position reports to the Quality Manager and will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Build quality systems (ISO9001, AS9100, and Nadcap) and monitor product quality to assure customer satisfaction; develop Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) techniques and oversee performance of MPI processes
- Develop work instructions and procedures in order to meet customer requirements.
- Review customer specifications and ensure all specifications are included in the shop orders.
- Develop required inspection documentation and monitor product quality.
- Approve incoming material.
- Manage customer issues and communicate customer concerns to the organization.
- Develop, advise, oversee and perform non- destructive testing such as MPI.
- Approve certificates of conformance.
- Submit customer required First Article Inspections and PPAP’s.
- Be a certified Level III Magnetic Particle Technician (preferred)
- Ability to make decisions that are within policies and procedures. An error in judgment could cause production lots rejected by customers.
- Knowledge in Microsoft office applications and SPC software such as Minitab
- Education required; 4 years College Degree or Technical training is preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in a like environment is required.