Quality Engineer (#9017) - Multiple Locations
Industry: Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer for Multiple Metal Stamping facilities.
The Quality Engineer, working thru suppliers, manufacturing plants, and/or customers, is responsible for facilitating quality improvement and resolving issues that lead to the achievement of successful PPAP.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in Quality Planning activities.
• Providing technical and administrative support as needed.
• Assist in the development of dimensional control strategies.
• Assist in the design and procurement of gages and instruments.
• Identify root cause of problems and delays and expedite corrective action.
• Assist in successful delivery of PPAP and launch for all programs, engineering changes, etc.
• Define and implement strategies to support lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years automotive, quality engineering experience, in a manufacturing environment required.
• Stamping experience is preferred
• Assembly and Body-in-White (BIW) experience is preferred
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of quality tools/techniques (APQP, PPAP, TS-16949, 5-Phase, 8D etc)
• High proficiency in understanding math data, interpretation and part measurement
• Working knowledge of GD & T, gage design and check fixture follow-up activities.
• Working knowledge of SPC.
• Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes.
• Knowledge of Statistical Problem Solving Techniques.
• Interact successfully with Customer engineering and SQE representatives